Sunday, July 26, 2015

Week 3, day 4

I had planned on teaching the girls some frisbee skills today, but decided not to focus solely on one sport. I set up 7 activity stations in the backyard so that they could try each one and spend more time on the activities that they liked.

Station 1: Badminton. We only have 1 racket, so I challenged them to try to hit the birdie 2x
Station 2: Skipping. Again, I challenged them to get 2 jumps, and then see if they could beat their own record.
Station 3: Catch and Throw with tennis ball/velcro mitt. This one was very hard for all the girls, as the velcro on the mitt was so strong that it was almost impossible to remove the ball. I challenged teams to catch 2 in a row.
Station 4: Horseshoes. No challenge - just for practicing aim.
Station 5: Frisbee "Golf". I had the girls begin from a starting line and see how many throws it would take to get the frisbee into the skipping rope "hole".
Station 6: Rest stop & Throw ball for the dog. He needs exercise too! The girls really like playing fetch with him.

Some pictures of the girls having fun with the different activities:
















This afternoon the girls finished their board games and I got to make one too! Once they finished the board itself, I helped them to write out the instructions so that they could take them home and play with their parents.






 The girls were still feeling pretty crafty so we got out some fabric and made dress-up dolls before going outside for water fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment